Sunday 19 April 2009

You Scratch My Back...

Recorder on.

The usual view of the screen room dominates the camera. Mortis looks tired, but a little more relaxed than usual.

Well, I did it. I told Kimochi. The worst thing to come out of it was that I ended up feeling like I was a paranoid idiot. I've never actually told it all to an outsider... the Hamster knows, of course, but he's hardly a coherent conversationalist. I suppose, in retrospect, I was operating by comparison with normal people, rather than capsuleers. Did I really expect to be cast out by capsuleer pirates?

He smiles, amused.

Perhaps, perhaps not. But she, someone who my mother, in her usual shallow way, would probably have described on meeting her as being 'a fundamentally nice girl', didn't even bat an eyelid.

And the Feral Predator earned her keep today again, on a related matter... flew alongside Kimochi's Curse for a while, helping to chew apart a Myrmidon. Despite the emphasis on small ships and 'Freaks', the Predator has seen the most use of any of my armada out here in Bleak. That might change once I begin studies on the Crusader, and get myself another Pilgrim to replace the one I lost over a year ago.

One other thing of note... I was contacted earlier by an old associate, a Gallente that used to do some marketting work. Apparently someone found out about their connection to me and wanted to know my current whereabouts. Didn't leave a name. Slightly concerning, but I've got a lot of enemies... what's one more?

He reaches out and switches off the camera.

Recorder off.

No comments:

Post a Comment