Wednesday 20 May 2009

Mortis: Consequences

Recorder on.

The view is not of a screen room and indeed, the designs are indicate that he is not aboard Midnight's Embrace at all, but instead in the CONCORD-provided quarters. He looks tired and frustrated, fiddling with a datapad.

What a mess.

I've reassigned Elysa to Lonetrek, and she's taking the Embrace with her. Which means that I have to leave behind what for a long time seemed to be the ideal headquarters.

He glances around the room almost distastefully, the spaciousness and comfort apparently passing him by.

Damn Elysa and her stupid decisions. If she'd just left Reppy alone, it wouldn't have come to this. It's not like she was even outright wrong, her concerns were valid... I even share some of them. I'm still not yet convinced that my sister can survive out here, and I still think she would be better off in highsec. But instead of quietly taking her aside for a chat, Elysa goes into full bulldog mode...

And then Reppy runs to her lover.

He scowls, and pours himself a glass of water.

I really should have guessed when Kimochi said that Reppy was staying on board Echidna's Daughter, but I suppose I couldn't make myself think that she'd hooked up with Inara, not without some evidence. But it's not my business, and I've made my concerns known.

He takes a long drink.

I suppose it could be worse. There are worse Ghosts than Inara to end up hooked up with, and the woman's connections could no doubt prove useful. Still, I'm not happy, and I made sure that she knew it.

But on the other hand... maybe this is just what Reppy needs to get herself acquainted with the underworld of New Eden. Doing so from under the wing of a capsuleer of no small power.

He sighs, and takes another sip. He says nothing for a while, looking thoughtful.

In other news, I met an Exalted pilot the other day. Amieta Invelen, one of the Sansha-affiliated Naqam corporation. I've seen her in the Gate before, of course, and I suppose it is neutral ground... still, I was suspicious and didn't give her an inch. On the other hand, a connection within the Sansha could prove useful some day.

And... I finally lost the Feral Predator.

The usual set of statistics flashes up briefly.

Ironically, I had been speaking with Milo on the subject of overconfidence not ten minutes beforehand... and the Pandemic pilot took advantage of mine. She'll be missed. On the other hand, the Obsidian Fate has proved a worthy replacement thus far...

My other project has been put on hold. The market is proving more fluid than anticipated, so as much as it pains me, I have decided to delay my purchase. The concerns I spoke with Kimochi about have reduced, but... there is still a shadow of that fear haunting me, even now that the nightmares have finally faded.

And the Sansha work has also been put on hold. I need to hire a laboratory...

I just need a new flagship, period.

He sighs, and turns off the camera.

Recorder off.

No comments:

Post a Comment