Sunday 19 July 2009

Mortis: The Conference

Recorder on.

The view is of a fluid, organic room in Gallente design, in the typical design of Mortis' screen rooms. Mortis watches the ordered blur of information quietly, apparently just enjoying the ambiance.

The Synenose Conference was a disaster.

Ever since I heard about it, I was quietly anxious about the whole matter... and seeing the speakers didn't improve my feelings. A lot of obvious stuff, and a few things that no one has apparently thought about yet. Except me.

He laughs darkly.

And then the Masque was quietly fuming. She'd put a lot of hopes on it as well, and she came away disappointed. Haven't seen her since, went off to do ship checks. Taking about twice the usual time to go through the routine...

He glances at a screen.

She doesn't usually take the ships out of the hangar. Or do a rapid refit with a spare cloak...

Gives me a chance for a little peace, at least.

A screen flashes a quiet alert that the Impious Judgement has entered the station.

Why do I feel that this is going to go badly?

Recorder off.

No comments:

Post a Comment