Thursday 4 June 2009

Repentence: Letters from the Starwyrm

------------
To: Commander Kimochi Rendar, CONCORD Bureau
From: Apprentice Repentence Tyrathlion, Preta Light Industries cargo hauler Starwyrm
------------

Dear Kimochi
Thank you. When I went to your apartment last night, I was gripped by depression and self-imposed loneliness, all because of a stupid, baseless fear. When I left, I couldn't have been happier.

Mr LaCroix was sweet. When he first came in, I admit that I was faking it, trying to put a brave face on things, but that became genuine. Thank you for introducing us, and even more for paying the bill...

But most of all, you got Inara and I into a room where we could focus on something other than our recent troubles. You let us forget what had been said and felt, and for that, for rescuing me from my own stupidity, you have my eternal gratitude.

If I may, I'd love to come around again sometime to try out the latex... and of course, you must come over to visit us on the Daughter. Perhaps even stay over for some food? I know Inara would be more than happy to play hostess, and even if she's busy, I'm sure she won't mind me showing you around. After all, you are Family.

Speak to you soon!

Yours in gratitude
Reppy

------------
To: Mistress Inara Subaka, Echidna's Daughter
From: Apprentice Repentence Tyrathlion, Preta Light Industries cargo hauler Starwyrm
------------

Dear Inara

Forgive me for slipping out without warning, but duty called. I'll be back soon, don't worry.

I'm so sorry. I know that I that I must have hurt you when I said that I was leaving. You won't admit it, of course, it's not your way, but I remember your expression when I said it. And I remember the way you scooped me up and held me when I said that I would come back, not letting me go until we got home... can you forgive me for ever doubting you?

Well, I'm sure you can think of some punishment or other if you can't. You're good at those.

I've invited Kimochi over to the Daughter, I hope you don't mind. It seemed like the least I could do after introducing us to her designer. Can't wait to see you in his idea of a whiplash-inducer... I look forward to going out and turning some heads when it all comes through. Maybe a trip to the Gate could be in order?

I'll see you soon, my love.

Eternally yours
Reppy

------------
To: Elysa Varbolt, Sleepless Sentinel c/o Caldari Navy
From: Apprentice Repentence Tyrathlion, Preta Light Industries cargo hauler Starwyrm
------------

Hey Elysa

Well, you were both right and wrong. Yes, I was a coward. Yes, I didn't want to ask questions in case I didn't like the answers. But you were wrong, I did like the answers.

I think I understand you a little more now. I also know you well enough to envision the scowl that you're wearing when you read this, so I'll leave it at that. Apart from saying that sometimes, you do meet someone that you can rely on.

Inara and I met with Kimochi's (you remember Commander Rendar, right?) designer last night. You should consider a change of wardrobe yourself, do you ever wear anything other than that uniform? I'm sure Mr LaCroix could do marvels for you, assuming you don't shoot him on sight for being Gallente. Honestly, Elysa, I have issues with the race as well, but you need to loosen up! ...and there's the scowl again.

I hope you're going to keep to our deal. You showed me your idea of fun - no, don't deny it! You said you were trying to make me get over my fear of battle, but I remember your expression when you unplugged. You loved it. So next time we meet, I get to show you my idea of a good time. Inara would want you to try something new, wouldn't she? There's more to life than death, Elysa.

Oh, and I heard that you got assigned to work with Kane. Please try to be nice? He's terrified of you after you bit his head off that first evening, and he's Intaki, not pure-blood Gallente...

Yours sincerely
Reppy

------------
To: "A friend"
From: Apprentice Repentence Tyrathlion, Preta Light Industries cargo hauler Starwyrm
------------

I don't know who you are, what you want with me or how you know me, and that's three good reasons to refuse to go. Either come clean or don't contact me again. I have friends that you do not want to piss off.

Repentence

No comments:

Post a Comment