Sunday 7 June 2009

Repentence: Wanting

Recorder on.

Reppy is virtually skipping as she moves around her personal quarters on Echidna's Daughter, hunting down a fresh uniform to put on. She looks like she just got up.

I don't think I've ever been happier in my life.

She grins impishly at the camera as she pulls on a shirt.

I've got a life of luxury here on the Daughter that I thought I'd forsaken forever. I've found love in the form of Inara... and I think she loves me, too.

She looks thoughtful for a moment.

I had a nightmare while I was taking an afternoon snooze... I think I must've screamed in my sleep, because she was in the room a few seconds later, surrounded by guards and wielding a sword. I nearly hid under the covers... but the look in her eyes, the little tremor in her voice... she was really scared for my safety.

She stays silent for a few seconds, then begins hunting for clothes again.

And then Kimochi came around...

She almost squeals, then laughs at herself.

Listen to me... pathetic, isn't it? But I guess Inara's been changing the way I think. I'd probably have been horrified a few months ago... but the prospect of promiscuity as a way of life is showing appeal. And Kimmy was a very nice place to start...

Now I'm sounding callous. I like Kimochi a lot, and I want to stay good friends with her. From what Mort has told me, it sounds like she needs a good friend who she can trust...

Why am I justifying myself to my personal diary? I had fun, she had fun, we're all happy. No reason to change that.

She looks annoyed for a moment.

Now I've got to go work... don't want to, but life can't be all fun and games, I guess...

Responsibility sucks. But it's worth it, I guess.

She finishes doing up her belt, and ambles out. A few moments later she hurries back in to turn the camera off.

Recorder off.

No comments:

Post a Comment