Sunday 14 June 2009

Repentence: Shattered

Recorder on.

The view is of Repentence's quarters on Echidna's Daughter. Reppy herself is packing her belongings away. She has clearly been crying a great deal. Her voice is uneven as she speaks.

I thought I was in heaven. Hah!

Mortis warned me not to get entangled. Warned me that this place could hurt me, and I... I didn't listen.

Now the two people I thought I could rely on out here... Vince is insane, and Inara...

She gulps air, trying to hold back more tears.

Inara can't and won't protect me from him.

She's already gone somewhere. Couldn't face me any more than I can face her...

She looks at a tear-stained note, rereading it slowly and stifling a sob. Then she throws it aside.

I can't... I won't look for her. I can't bear to speak with her.

I can't bear to hear her choose him over me. If she feels about him the way I feel about her... even if that monster stays loyal to Kelsy... she'd do it. She says I'm the second-most important person in her life after her daughter...

A rebellious tear forms and rolls down a cheek.

I can't make myself believe it.

How can she have feelings for him? She said that they were alike, but it isn't true! She didn't break the bonds of Family... not even when Elysa was threatening me...

She looks around the room slowly.

Probably will never see this place again.

Anger flares in her eyes.

Vincent Pryce. I'll make him pay for this. Somehow...

But... that'll just hurt Inara. I... I don't think I can do that. Even now.

She shakes her head.

No... can't touch Vince... not unless he hurts me again. But no... why would he have a chance? I'm leaving. Not coming back to Goinard if I can help it.

I'll tell Kimochi... something...

She takes hold of the camera, holding it with a dull look on her face, then hurls it violently at the ground. The image goes to static.

No comments:

Post a Comment